Tuesday, October 8, 2019

My New HOMETOWN

I am going to start by listing ALL the moves I have made. Mostly just because I want to put it somewhere, that and I think it says something about why this feeling matters so much to me...this feeling of having a home. So without further ado....*drum roll please

1. San Manuel, Arizona – 7 yrs
2. Memphis, Tennessee – 6 mo
3. San Manuel, Arizona – 6 mo
4. Lake Charles, Louisiana - Aunt Leisa's house – 1 yr
5. Lake Charles, Louisiana - Uncle Doug's house – 1 yr
6. Lake Charles, Louisiana – Apartment – 1 yr
7. Westlake, Louisiana – House 3.5 yrs
8. Shreveport, Louisiana – Apartment 1.5 yrs
9. Shreveport, Louisiana – Apartment 6 mo

joined the Army...

ARMY STATIONS

10. Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri - Basic Training – 2 mo
11. Fort Sam Houston, Texas – AIT – 1 yr
12. Fort Meade, Maryland – OJT – 9 mo
13. Fort Carson, Colorado - Security, CO – Apt –2 yr
14. Fort Carson, Colorado – Fountain, CO – House – 1 yr
15. Fort Carson, Colorado – Colorado Springs – Apt – 3 mo
16. Buedingen, Germany – On Post Housing – 2 yrs
17. Buedingen, Germany – On Post Housing – 1 yr
18. Midlothian, Texas – Mom’s – 6 mo
19. Fort Knox, Kentucky – On Post Housing – 1 yr
20. Fort Knox, Kentucky – Radcliff, KY – House - 2 yrs

DONE WITH ARMY

21. Midlothian, Texas – Mom’s – 9 months
22. Fort Bragg, North Carolina – On Post Housing – 2 yrs
23. Midlothian, Texas – Mom’s – 6 mo
24. Arlington, Texas – Motel 6 – 6 mo.
25. Midlothian, Texas – House – 3 yrs
26. Midlothian, Texas – House – 9 mo
27. Austin, Texas – Ronnie’s House 3 yrs
28 Austin, Texas – Apt- 1 yr
29. Buda, Texas – HOME

Total moves -29. 
States lived it – 9.
Cities lived in –19  Countries – 2


So, yea…I have moved a bunch. Which I don’t regret. I don’t wish I lived in San Manuel, Arizona my whole life or anything. I love that I have so lived in so many places but I yearn for a place I can rest. A place that FEELS like my home and I feel I have it now. I have been living in Buda for 3 years now. 3 years went by in a blink. My house looks like a story of my life, I know back ways to get places, I am a member of the local Y. I know several of my neighbors. It is just a wonderful experience. This hometown feeling of belonging to a community. What a new, delightful experience. Who woulda ever thunk it ...Texas is where my home is at...for now. 

No comments: