Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Too Soon

 

I was picking cucumbers out of the garden, this morning and was thinking about next years crop and recalled Ronnie talking about how us 3 (Ronnie, Tyler and me) would be super vigilant in finding the sneaky bastards (seriously, army camo should be in cucumber because those bitches can hide RIGHT in front of you!) And then I had the stark realization that there is ZERO reason to be sure all 3 of us will be here next year. NONE. Why? Am I being philosophical? One of us could be dead? No, no, no. Nothing like that. Pure mom moment here. I had the stark realization (like a fierce slap on the chest) that Tyler is graduating high school this year. Tyler is almost 18. Tyler, if he chooses it, could be long gone next year. And my heart is crushed. Holy cow that came out of nowhere. I mean, I have known it was coming but I didn’t FEEL it until just now. No, no, no, no. Please. It is too soon.

No comments: